September 13, 2010

Lehi Round Up!

June 26, 2010
Fortunately we made it home just in time for Lehi's Round Up week.  We didn't go to the rodeo this year, but we did take the boys to the parade, and carnival they have in the park.  
This was Clark and Harry's first parade!
At the parade.
Waiting for the parade to start.
Clark wasn't too sure what was going on, and Harry was just trying not to melt in the hot sun.
I, on the other hand, love parades, and I couldn't wait for it to start!


Clark, Auntie Laura, and Harry
Auntie Laura and the boys.



Clark's Candy
It took awhile for Clark to warm up and understand what was going on.  I think he was confused by all the people, and noise.  He didn't even want to run out to catch the candy with the other kids!  Which I can understand, because I spend half my life yelling at him to NOT run in the street.  But, he finally got the concept, and won a nice little stash of parade candy :)


Clark
Someone even tossed him an ice cream bar!!!
(We never got ice cream bars when I was a kid!)


Harry
Harry rather enjoyed the street candy, and got pretty sticky eating his lolli-pops.


Clark Riding a PonyClark Riding His 1st Pony

At the carnival Clark rode a pony for the first time!  
I don't know who was more excited, me or Clark.


Down the Bouncey Slide
I also spend a few dollars on tickets so he could slide and play on the bouncy toys, over and over again.
That was probably the highlight of his the day.


Papa and Clark

Papa and Clark walking home after the carnival.
I had so much fun.  These are the type of family memories that I cherish, and I know the kids enjoy.
A perfect summer day.

No comments: