September 19, 2010

I Miss Billy the Kid.

One of the fun things we did, when we went to visit Gramps and Granny, was go to Lincoln New Mexico, to the Billy the Kid Museum.  I had a lot more fun than I thought I would, I enjoyed learning the history of the town, and the legendary William Bonney.
All of Us
Clark, Reese, Uncle Cody, Auntie Em, Me, Jay and Harry

Clark and Jason
Jay and Clark
One of the bad things about waiting so long to blog about our vacation, is there are a lot of little things that I am forgetting... like the significance of this little old timey house.  It did look pretty cool.

Torreon
The Torreon
One of Lincoln's oldest structures, built in 1850.  
In the Lincoln Co. War, some of Murphy's sharpshooters were stationed here.
Cool.

Doc Woods House
Doc Woods House.
I wonder if he was as hot as Kiefer Sutherland, in real life.... you know, from Youngs Guns, where I get all my vast knowledge of Billy the Kid.  I am pretty sure I annoyed Jason with all the Bon Jovi songs I sang that day.

Mommy and Clark
Clark, Billy and Me
If only I was as thin as a board, like the Kid.

Clark and Reese
I just love Clark and Reese together, they are so happy, and that makes me happy.


Clark Coal Guarentee
The Clark Coal Guarantee.
Found on the shelves at the Tunstall Store.
I thought this was cute, and Clark might appreciate it one day.


Clark, Reese and Harry
Clark, Reese and Harry
The babies, sitting pretty, and ALL looking at the camera at the same time!!!
Miracle of miracles!


Sheriff's Office
The old Lincoln County Courthouse,
and Granny trying to hide behind the post to get out of the picture :)
(I still got you Granny.)


Bullet Hole
The caption in the picture says it all.
Fun stuff!


Future Ice Cream Shop
This little shop used to be a Saloon. 
It is for sell, so Emma and I decided we should buy it, and fix it up as an ice cream and soda shop.
It was so interesting touring the town, and the museum.  I love reading and learning about the history of different places, it was fun to be there and see it in person.

Casablanca's
On the way back to Tularosa, we stopped in Ruidoso for lunch.
We ate at Casablanca's, one of my favorite restaurants to eat at while we are in New Mexico.
I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH MY FAMILY!

No comments: