February 06, 2010

Map of Bones

Map of Bones by James Rollins

✭✭✭✭

Dan Brown, meets Indiana Jones, throw in the military, a side of secret organizations and high tech weapons, and you've got James Rollins' Map of Bones. Quite the page turner. This book pretty much has everything, action, science way over my head, some more action, a little love story, solving clues like Scooby Doo, and enough twists to keep you wondering who is who through out the book.
I enjoyed this book, which turned out is only the beginning in a series of Sigma Force books, following these genius soldiers on secret missions to save the world....or something like that. A little predictable at times, with the all typical stereotypes you find in these types of books (lady's man, joker, tough guy who turns out is actually a softie, the jerk who breaks all the rules, a girly girl who is hard as nails...you get the point) but like-able characters none of the less. I was a little surprised how much I liked the book, and I hope I can find the others to read.

1 comment:

Aunt Pam said...

This is one of my favorite authors. He is a little off the wall sometimes but I do enjoy his stories. Amazonia was the first book I read of his. What a page turner. I loved it!

Love you, Aunt Pam