February 10, 2010

City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


✭✭✭ (out of 5 stars)

Been there, done that.
While mildly entertaining, and a easy fast read, I just had a hard time connecting with this book. At times the writing and story telling is really great, funny and exciting... and other times it is too predictable, and juvenile for my taste (and I read a lot of YA novels, so that is saying a lot).
Demon hunting, a missing magic cup, vampires, werewolves, and magic runes...this books seems to have it all. Especially the all to familiar teen angst of first loves, missing parents, and magic worlds... but something just seems to be missing.

Probably something I would've liked a lot more 18 years ago, but I bought the whole darn series...so I have to finish it.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love your book reviews - its making my to read list forever longer...I need to learn to read faster...

Would this series be something I can force on Adam when he starts whining about having nothing to read? And I'm only forcing because he is concerned about trying new books and not liking them, its like a waste of his time - or me giving him another Where the Red Fern Grows. I'm still in trouble for making him read that one.