May 18, 2008

What?!?

(Orignally Posted Nov. 11, 2007)

Yesterday Jay cut his leg on some glass, and we had to go to the emergency room for stitches (it was seriously bleeding all over the place). Everything was fine, he wasn't in much pain, and the doctors were giving him a lot of attention (cause he is in the military medical field too). They were getting ready to clean out the wound and the doctor asked how much pain he was in, Jay said "not really any at all, maybe a 1-2 on a scale of ten". Then the doctor goes..."okay we will give you some Vicodin".
WHAT?!?
He said he wasn't even in pain, they numbed his wound he couldn't even feel anything. I was dumbfounded. I gave birth at that same hospital almost 9 months ago. My vagina blew up, I pushed out a 7 almost 8 pound baby. The doctor had to give me like 100 stitches, she was literally picking the broken pieces of my vagina up off the floor and sewing them back together. Did I get Vicodin? I was crying every time I had to go to the bathroom cause it hurt so bad...did I get any medicine. I didn't even eat for a day and a half cause I was so afraid of going to the bathroom...I was in THAT much pain. I couldn't even sleep, or move. And do you want to know what I got for it...IBUPROFREN! And only 600 milligrams...
Are you kidding me? Jay gets a scratch on his leg, barely 8 stitches. Sure it was bleeding a lot, but he said it did not even hurt. And they give him Vicodin. I push a baby out, my vagina is lying in pieces on the floor, and I get freakin' Ibuprofen!

What is wrong with the system? Is it cause he is a man, and in the military?
I just can't believed it.

No comments: