May 18, 2008

'Twas The Day After Christmas


(Originally Posted Dec. 27, 2007)


We waited months. We made plans, and lists. We went shopping, made deserts and wrapped presents. I scrubbed the house from top to bottom, even vacuumed under the couches (I never do that). We did not even sleep the night before. All for Clark's First Christmas.
Christmas is a big deal in our house. It is Jason's most favorite time of year. He is very particular about it, and has to do things a certain way...so I let him do whatever he likes. He tends to go a little over board with the presents and food...but all in good fun. It meant so much to him to share Christmas with Clark. It was more fun watching Jay than it was watching Clark...
Our house is littered with wrapping paper, and boxes. The floor is covered in toys...and I couldn't be happier. My overwhelming need to have everything in its place is suspiciously missing. This is the best time of year!
Christmas morning was a little anticlimactic. Clark who normally can tear apart and eat a magazine in 30 seconds...did not have any desire to open presents (maybe that was the result of us constantly telling him not to touch the presents the entire month before?) And it took us almost the entire day to open everything, cause he had to play with each toy before moving on to the next one, all the toys were a little overwhelming to him. But to see the excitement on his face was priceless. I did not get my Nintendo DS...but I will have it soon enough. I did get most of the DVDs I wanted, (Jason really knows the key to my heart, LOL!) and I have been enjoying every minute of my How I Met Your Mother marathon. Jay did not really like his present, he is already planning on exchanging it for the bigger better version...but I expected nothing less.
I love Christmas. I love watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Elf a thousand times. I love buying presents for people, and sending out cards. I love making cookies, and eating Christmas ham and mashed potatoes. I love that everyone is happy, and together (even though we may be far apart).
As cheesy as it sounds, I wish everyday was Christmas.

No comments: