May 18, 2008

Did I just say that?


(Originally Posted Jan. 14, 2008)


I am not ready to leave yet...


So, last week Jay came home and asked me if I wanted to go to DC. Sure, I love it there. We were happy time last time we lived there, and we still have friends in the area. When I asked...NOW. SUMMER. WHY SO SOON! But I am not ready to leave Hawaii yet....


Six months ago that would've have been a different story. I did NOT like Hawaii when I first got here. I hated the humidity and heat. I hated all the mold, geckos, and bugs...that are everywhere. And it is just so far from home. I was just so stuck up. But now, it has grown on me. The people and culture here are so amazing and friendly. I am so lucky to be able to go to the beach whenever I want. Hiking, snorkeling, camping...there is so much to do. I am just not ready to leave yet. It is gonna be so hard...

So are we leaving...maybe. There is a small chance. Jason wants to switch "careers" or the direction he is going. (He found a way to do it in the CG, instead of getting out. A couple weeks ago he came to me and said that he wanted to get out and do Border Patrol...HELL NO I said. If we get out of the CG, it is to go home to Utah, and that is just never gonna happen. Anyway...) He has the Law Enforcement bug. And no matter how good he is at all the medical stuff, and how much he likes it. He just missed being a loser with a gun...well not really, but that is what I call him. He wants to go into the CGI, which is like the Coast Guards police or investigations team (???). He found a position that will get him a little closer to that. I told him to do whatever will make him happy, I really don't care. He is still asking questions and examining his options. But I am guessing that we will stay here anyway, and he will find another way to get onto the CGI team.
So after all the discussions and debating of actually moving sooner than we planned, and changing careers. The thing that still gets me....is that I wanted to stay. If someone told me when we first got here that I would be sad to leave I wouldn't have believed them. Everyone always told me you are so lucky to live there...and I just thought they were crazy. Now, I get it! It must have been all those pregnancy hormones that con-fuddled my brain when we first moved here. I still hate the humidity, and I vow we will never again move into a place that doesn't have air conditioning (or a dishwasher!).


I am really going to treasure this last year that we have here.

2 comments:

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

WOW! Then you would be closer to us! Loser with a gun classic lol!

April said...

Well...Jason still wants to do CGI, but he decided that he is gonna wait and apply when he promotes. He couldn't get enough information about the DC job to make a decission. More than likely we will end up there again...or stay here forever, HA!