May 18, 2008

One More Day

(Originally Posted Dec. 23, 2007)

One More Day by Mitch Albom

This was such a fast and easy read. I read it all in one night before I went to bed. I am such a Oprah junkie, and she funded the TV movie version of this book. My friend said it was crap (the movie) so I tried the book instead. I had never read any of Mitch Albom's book before, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very thoughtful and inviting.
The story is about Chick, a man who thinks he has lost it all. One desperate night as he is about to end his life, he thinks of his mother. The story continues through a series of flashbacks, about his childhood and his need to please his father. The story is about unconditional love and learning to forgive ourselves. I really related with Chick's mother, and I hope to be as selfless as she was.
I liked the author well enough that I plan on adding his other books to my (long long) list of books to read.

No comments: