May 19, 2008

A Suprise Just For Me!

(Originally Posted April 27, 2008)


For weeks Jay has been telling me about this surprise he was planning for me. Yay! A surprise...hmmm what could it be. I have been wanting to get my hair done (since I only get it done when I go home to Utah and my awesome sister-in-law to be feels bad for my mangy locks and fixes me up for free). Oh!...our 7th wedding anniversary is coming up, maybe I am gonna get a nice present...jewelry! Maybe it will be a nice date, or a special day just for us.

Seriously, I was going crazy trying to think of all things it could be. I have been a little down...just crazy pregnancy hormones. And I really needed a break, something for me.

Jay comes home one day after work, and gets this suspicious phone call. He runs into the room, closes the door and talks to whomever it was. He comes out of the room with this larger than life smile on his face. This is it...I know it has to do with my surprise, I can't wait! I was having a horrible day...I had spend the morning doing dishes and the gross smell made me throw-up, the house was a disaster and my dvr forgot to record American Idol and it was Andrew Lloyd Weber night (I had been looking forward to it all week). I really needed some good news, a surprise just for me.

Those of you that know Jay may see where this is going...

He begins to tell me that a group of people at his work (his work? hmm...what kind of surprise do I want from his work, maybe he got promoted early) anyway, a group of people from his work got asked to do some extra work on the last episode of Lost for this season. (Lost! That is my favorite show.) He made some phone calls and got asked to be one of the extras...he was going tomorrow morning to shoot the scenes. He was going to be able to meet some of the cast, be on set, be on the show....

WAIT!

I was waiting to see how I worked into this. Do I get to go with him and watch? Nope, nothing. This was my surprise.

This does not really seem like a surprise "FOR ME". Am I just being petty? I am happy for him, and glad he got this opportunity, how exciting...for him.

I am wondering how him getting to take a day off of work, going to be an extra on MY favorite show, while I am home taking care of Clark doing laundry and chores, is really a surprise for me.

Is it just me?

I got really mad at him (hurt mostly). He was so confused, he thought I was going to be jumping up and down with joy. It was weird... He made me feel like I was such a jealous baby, and I had no reason to be upset. That I should be thrilled ...

I felt bad I got so upset and ruined his happy moment. But the more I thought about it the more I realized I did not really do anything wrong. I was not reacting to him being on Lost, I was reacting to the fact that I did NOT get a surprise (ok...still a little childish, but lets not forget that I am pregnant). If he would have come home one day and said guess what I am going to do this tomorrow blah blah blah, I would've been so excited for him. But he had to go on and on for 2 weeks about how he had this surprise for me, which was really more of a surprise for him.



So, am I over it? Sure. Good for him. My day will come soon...

But I still want a surprise...and it better be a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan Loves Lost too. Did Jay get on the show. Let us know and we will look for him. Hey we are excited to hear about #2. Wish you were coming back to DC. I love Lake Ridge. If you move back to this area this is the place you should live. Have Fun in Hawaii and if you get a chance go check out Ko'Olina. My dream place to live. Oh How I miss Hawaii.

P.S. We are going to Disneyland on Tuesday

Sharon P.