May 24, 2008

A Little Chipmunk Magic

Clark doesn't watch too much TV. He watches for a little while when he wakes up in the morning or after naps...and then mostly only Sesame Street. He would rather be outside, or listen to music while he plays.

But we did find something that glues him to the TV. The new Alvin and The Chipmunks movie...

He loves it! And when I say love I mean he doesn't move an inch when it is on, unless it is to get up and dance. We bought it couple times on pay-per-view, but we didn't realize how much he loved the movie until we saw a commercial for it and he started crying when it was over in 45 seconds. When we got the DVD he carried it around all day, and even took a nap with the case. He giggles when they get talk and get into things (like the part they are messing up Dave's kitchen) and he dances every time a song comes on. It is so funny to watch his eyes glaze over, and that smile spread across his face. We have introduced so many cartoons and movies to him, we read books and listen to music and of-course all the toys toys toys...and it is so fun to see what he likes and chooses, a little glimpse into his still forming personality.
He has been a little sick this week (just the croup and allergies), which is always hard for him because he never gets sick, and this movie has been the only thing that really soothes him and makes him happy again.
Today alone we have seen it 3 times...the things we do for our children (HA!). I really don't mind it too much, I grew up in the 80's and the Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon was a big deal on our house...actually I still wish they had the cartoon on now. And I just love to see how excited he gets when it comes on...
I have been trying to get a little video of him dancing, but with him being sick it is more like a sad tired dance...but stay tuned it is coming.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Maybe since he loves his Alvin and Chipmunks movie so much, you can get your Harry blanket back!! I found a scary Voldemort one at Hot Topic, maybe it would scare him away from loving it...

April said...

I don't think I am ever gonna get either of my HP blankets back (he is starting to make us take them everywhere!)...but maybe I will try the Voldemort one.

Sabrina and BJ said...

Ohhhh.. he's like his uncle bj.. bj couldn't wait for that movie to come out.. I couldn't believe when he asked if we could go watch it on date night.. that is really so adorable.. I love love it.. We watch the home movie of him dancing to spongebob, I can only imagine this one..

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.