June 01, 2008

It's a BOY!

This post is dedicated to BJ...who was the sole supporter (except for me) for another Bosko Boy. It was us against them BJ...and we won! Now you have another one of my boys to take fishing and hunting...good luck. I love ya!
It's a BOY!
Yesterday we had a ultrasound to check on Baby #2 and find out the sex. It's a BOY! No doubt about it, and just like Clark, Baby #2 was not shy at all and let us have a good picture. The technician doing my ultrasound kept on commenting on how big he is...big feet, long fingers and he already weighs 1 lb 4 oz....another little chunky baby (YAY!) He kept on waving at me during the ultrasound, opening and closing his fists, and kicking his little feet...it was really cute. He is so much more active than I ever remember Clark being!
Baby #2
We are thrilled! The whole reason we started this whole process was so Clark could have a little brother...I actually used to day dream about the two of them. Sure, it would have been nice to have a girl and call it quits after just the 2 kiddos...but I guess we are supposed to have more kids (AHHHH!) We have no idea what we are gonna name him (everyone is against me on the name too) and I am sure it is gonna take the next 4 months to narrow it down. (If anyone has any ideas...please pass them on.)
During the ultrasound the doctor had a few concerns about the development of our little guy. His left kidney is swollen and storing too much urine (or something like that). So we will be having routine ultrasounds every few weeks to monitor the growth, and keep and eye on the rest of his anatomy. The doctor was very nice, and after he scared the crap out of us (and made me give a lot of my blood for tests), he told us that even though the growth was abnormal that it can be common in boys and we shouldn't worry about anything until we find out more. So we will just wait, get more info and pray for our little boy.
I will be posting more pictures in a few weeks, when we get another ultrasound. I am hoping to get a better shot of his face, and his cute little hands. And hopefully he will look less like a little alien, and more like a baby.

8 comments:

Emma said...

Well.... If your "little boy" looks like that...! Mine is definitely a girl!

Briggs Family said...

A friend of mine's baby had problems with his kidney too. Eventualy one of his kidneys had complete blockage and didn't function. The other kidney worked great! He was born perfectly healthy and he just celebrated his first birthday in May. Still healthy as can be! But I know she was very scared during the entire pregnancy. The great thing about kidneys is atleast there are two.
It is always scary when it is your child no matter what though. I will pray for him and you.

April said...

Thanks Kara...that is actually really reassuring!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about is Kidney! I am praying everything will be fine. I actually had a blog friend who's baby had a similar sounding issue. I can't remember the exact details but he was born at the same time Gavin was. He was born totally healthy. So try not too worry to much.
I am so excited for you guys to have two boys. G&K are BFF's now that they are older. They do everything together. Its fun having them close in age.

Sabrina and BJ said...

HA HA HA HA I win for all u doubters

The Quaid's said...

YEAH!! Two boys are fun! Lucky you and Lucky Clarky!

Anonymous said...

Adam suggests

Dawson
Jack
Justin
Noah
Victor
William
Timmy
Wilbur (yes they are naming our cats...hahaha)
Daniel
Hayden (hey it could be a girls name too)
Jayden
George (which caused Carus to break into song 'George George George of the jungle')

Carus suggests

Jackie (as in Jackie Chan)
Brandon
Tyler
Nathan
Nicholas
Adam
Tiger tooth
Simba (be glad they didn't suggest Yoda)
Marsian (I have NO IDEA??)

I'm cutting them off now...

April said...

Ha! I will consider it a privledge that they want my baby to be named after the cat....Ha Wilbur!