June 14, 2008

Good Family Fun

Last week we went to the State Fair. It wasn't like any of the State Fairs I remember going to growing up...no cows or farm animals, no booths of weird products to browse, and literally 1/4 of the size. It mostly reminded me of those little city carnivals that would come every summer. They did have pig racing, and a little petting zoo with goats. And there was the typical rides, food, and a few games. Clark loved riding the rides so much, although not into the whole waiting in line or getting off of the ride. It was a fun night, but I can't wait to show him what a real State Fair looks like.
Clark loved riding the carousel...so much so he had a screaming fit when it was time to get off. He choose the same tall horse each time he got on too...funny.
Toasted corn on the cob. Mm-mmm...the only reason I love going to the State Fair...THE FOOD! We might have to go back again so I can get my funnel cake.
Clark and Auntie Laura. This is what it looks like when you tell a spoiled baby that he can't stay on the carousel all night long.
Up, up and away. I don't know who loved going on the rides more, Daddy or Clark. I thought Clark would be scared of this ride cause not only did it go up and down, it went in circles too, but Clark loved the helicopter ride!
Jason trying to win a Curious George stuffed animal for Clark...$15 later we told him just give up, it will never happen. After 7 years of marriage and countless fairs and carnivals I learned not to even ask him to win me a prize...

2 comments:

Emma said...

I don't really have anything to say. I just wanted to write something first! I am like that. But it still sounds like fun! And funnel cake makes everything fantastic!

Anonymous said...

How fun! You look so cute eating your roasted corn. You are just the best! I am planning to take the kids to the state fair this year. We went back when Gavin was one. But he was a bitch about it so we haven't been back. Now that they are older we will try again!