June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day Jason!
Jason is such a good Dad to Clark. He is so loving and playful, and always watchful of his needs. It is fun to watch them chase each other around the house, and play together. I love how he thinks every little thing Clark does is the work of a genius...he was thrilled when Clark used a fork for the first time, like he was the first baby to ever do it! Clark loves it when Daddy comes home...he will drop whatever he is doing and run to the door. He is a total Daddy's boy!
We spent Father's Day relaxing at the beach, and had a nice fancy roast dinner when we got home. Jay loved his Battle-star Galactica dvds that I got him...so much so he didn't mind when we (Clark, April, and Laura) ate half the box of chocolates that he got. But I think his favorite thing about the whole day was the Father's Day Pies! Our ward (at church) has a tradition of making Father's Day pies. Every wife brings a pie in the morning, and after church the fathers walk through the kitchen and choose whatever pies they want. Jason got a Strawberry Creme pie, and has already finished half of it...we never really keep that type of stuff around the house so it was a big treat. We sure appreciate Jason and the hard work he does to take care of our family, and I love how much he loves Clark. I can't wait until next Father's Day when we have 2 little boys. Thanks for being such a great Dad, love April and Tuna.



I also just want to take a moment to thank my Dad, and Grandpa. They are both a great strength in my life, and bring me so much joy and laughter. They lead by example, and have always shown me unconditional love. They taught me to be a hard worker, and to always do what is right (no matter how hard it is). I am so blessed to have them in my life, and I am thankful that Clark is able to get to know them...and hopefully learn from them like I have. I miss you both so much!
Clark and Gramps
Gramps and Clark March 2008
Papa
Papa December 2005
I love this picture of him, it makes me laugh!

3 comments:

Emma said...

SO tender! Gramps Potter and Papa are pretty cool! And Jason is a really good dad! Clark and the fetus are pretty lucky! Plus he is a genius! Hello he has some of my genes too!

April said...

OH! I should've posted my Grampsy Potter picture....it is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's day Jay! You are such an awesome Dad to Clark. He is such a stud!!