June 07, 2008

Tourists



Yesterday we went to the beach for some relaxing...enjoying the sun, eating potato chips, and catching little crabs. We were the only ones at the beach and I was enjoying my solitude, and quite excited that for once I was the skinniest person swimming there. All of the sudden a tour van pulls up....ahhhh the tourists. Now, I try not to make up too much fun of the tourists that come to the island, because I know it is only my island for the few short years I live here...we are like extended stay tourists. But it is funny to watch them take pictures of the funniest things, pose with the chickens, and flash peace and hang loose signs in every picture (HA...I am so guilty of that too!).

So they are all piling out of the van, and Clark sees them...being the super friendly baby he is he runs up to them...thinking that they all came to play with him. Well, now he is the new attraction...


They are taking pictures of him running, taking pictures of his feet, tickling his belly, and all taking turns holding him so they can get their own picture. Clark was enjoying it so much, laughing for them, making little faces...it was so fun to watch.

Clark's 15 minutes of fame was over before we knew it, and he was left standing alone wondering where all his admirers went. Like it never happened, he went back to digging in the sand...and I was left wondering what they are going tell their friends when they go home, "Look at this fat white baby we met at the beach..."!

4 comments:

Emma said...

this happened to me the first time i went to hawaii...
fame is not all it is cracked up to be. now i am just a pregnant girl trying to make ends meet.
live it up clark. live it up.

Anonymous said...

Tuna is totally famous, that rocks! Asians are a strange breed...

Briggs Family said...

Oh my hell that is so funny. I love the picture of them taking a picture of his feet. He is so damn cute though.
When we moved here, people use to freak out over Maddie, because there are so many Mexicans and she has blond hair and blue eyes. One time we went to a mexican resteraunt, where no one spoke English, it was so weird! I swear I thought we crossed the boarder to Mexico. Anyway the waitress took Maddie's hand and was trying to explain something to me in Spanish. And she took Maddie to some other ladies that where oooing and awwing over her. It is just weird, weird!!

Briggs Family said...

How did you put music on your page??? I love sawyer, it is my old dogs name.. but it is a perfect little boys name. It is such an awesome name, you have to do it!! name hime Sawyer Tom