December 12, 2010

A week In Our Life December 5- December 11

Dec. 5-  I spend another day alone at church, again.  I just can't get my lazy babies out of bed to ever get to church, on time.  C'est la vie.  Next year, in just a couple weeks, church will start at 11:30am, instead of 9:00 am.  I am very excited about this!!!
We finally put up put Christmas tree tonight.  The kids loved getting out all the Christmas stuff.  It is so fun that we have a fireplace to hang the stockings from this year.  It was also fun to wake up to a little bit of snow on the ground, not much, just a light dusting.  It sure helps make things seems more Christmasy.

I was up all night with Clark again.  He had his little croupy-coughy asthma attack again, and couldn't sleep.  Luckily I got him in to see the doctor, and they gave us a new inhaler to try, that will hopefully prevent the attacks, rather than trying to treat him after.  Now, if I could get him to use the inhaler thingy without throwing the biggest fit we would be set.

For Family Home Evening tonight we went to Target, so the kids could give us hints on what toys they like.  Harry liked all the books, and anything with flashing lights, and/or music.  Clark, of course, liked anything and everything that had to do with Star Wars and Mario.  We also drove around looking at Christmas lights, got some pizza, and watched Simpson's Christmas episodes. I love having FHE.  I wish we could remember to do it every Monday, and I can't wait until the kids are older so we can do more types of things.

Harry is not doing as well as I thought, with the milk with-drawls.  He has spend the last two days following me around crying.  He throws his cups at me over and over, trying to get me to get him milk.  He steals Clark's cups.  He is just insatiable.  I feel so bad, and I really do want to give him what he wants, but I also need him to eat more real food...and not pee his bed every night.  Poor milky addicted Harry.  I really don't know how much longer I can deal with his tantrums and begging.  He did do well at both of his therapy appointments this week though, and I am proud of him.  I know he doesn't like to be bothered, but so far he is putting up with it really well.  I can't wait to start seeing some improvements.

I got a Good News call today, Clark finally got accepted into the Head-start program here.  Finally!!  The weird thing is he starts Monday.  That is in 3 days, and you can't really count the weekend.  The lady who called me hardly gave me any information.  I've had to call her back three times, asking her simple things, like, WHERE is the school, WHAT time does it know normal information, that she should have told me without me having to ask her.  I hope I have time to find out everything else tomorrow, while people are still in their offices, so I can feel comfortable enough to send him on Monday.  I might just have to go down to the school and stalk them a bit.  It all just seems so different from Hawaii...  In Hawaii we were so involved every step of the way, here it seems like I am having to beg and steal to get any sort of information.

Friday was a busy day.  Grocery shopping, list making, and laundry laundry laundry.  I found an hour to go and visit Clark's new school, which turns out - is not an actual school, but a trailer size classroom in a subdivision down the street (actually I think it is the section 8 houses- so totally ghetto, but it's free preschool, and Clark is so happy).  I got most, if not all, of my questions answered.  There will be a bus that takes him to and from school, and he is in the afternoon class, yay for not having to get up at 6 am (!).  No backpacks allowed, which he is really really sad about, he had an R2D2 one picked out (shhh... he may still get it for Christmas).  All in all it looks like a good plan, and Clark is over the moon happy.  When we walked into the class, to meet the teacher, he didn't even take a second glance back at me, he went straight to the other kids, and sat for circle time.  In fact a few times I saw a look of annoyance on his face that I was still there, and he kept trying to wave me away- "go Mom, I'm fine".  I really am so proud of him, and his excitement for school.  And I am so beyond grateful that it finally worked out that he could get into a class, we needed this so much.  For Clark, for Harry... and for Mommy :)

Saturday was a fun day at home with the family, watching old movies, playing "choo-choo train tracks" as Clark likes to call it, and catching up on chores.  Clark must have asked us a billion times if it was time to go to school yet.  I love a good rainy lazy day every now and then.  I can't believe Christmas is coming up so fast.  We still have so much to do, and I am just waiting for our next paycheck (on the 15th) to start doing it.  Thank God,  I am good at making lists (and lists and lists), or I would be going crazy right now.

No comments: