October 14, 2010

The Haircut that aged me 10 years.

September 1, 2010
Before the terror that was Harry's haircut.
See, it was really long and shaggy... I didn't have a choice.
HarryBefore the haircut.
A few weeks ago, before my Mom flew back to Utah, I decided to get the boy's hair cut.  Clark was a breeze, and just got a little trim, so as not to mess up his pretty -ahem, I mean manly- little curls.  Harry, on the other hand, was out of control.  It was like a scene from a horror movie.  He was biting, kicking, arching his back, throwing his head from side to side.  We were only planning on trimming it a little, because I like it on the longer side.  But the kind, and very patient man, who was attempting to cut Harry's hair was afraid to use scissors and accidentally stab Harry in the head.  So... out came the...(gulp) clippers, and off went all of his hair. It was impossible to do any kind of style, or even get it all the same length, because Harry just could not handle it.  He was crying and screaming, I was trying to hold him down and not cry myself.  It was 20 minutes of pure hell.  
I do not plan on getting his hair cut anytime soon, or maybe even ever. 
This was not his first haircut, not even his first one this summer, so I am not sure what went wrong...unless he just didn't like this salon.  
(The place we went to in Hawaii had little tvs, with kid shows on, maybe that is all he needed.) 

The After Picture...
a couple days later, when I was over the shock of it being SO short.
Harry
He is such a little cutie, and I love making his hair all spikey.
It seems to be growing out pretty fast too.
It took me forever to trim the hair around his ears and neck.  I couldn't use the scissors, because...I cut his ear a little :(  So I had to use Jason's little beard trimmer thing, it worked really well, when I could sneak up on Harry.
Cheese
This is his smiling face,
or "MOM, your flash is too bright" face.
I love my little nugget, tantrums and all.

2 comments:

Ed and Carol Brooks said...

I like his hair when it spikey, but it sure makes him look older.

Emma said...

I love his cute spikey hair! What a handsome nugget!