October 01, 2010

Niagara Falls, New York

July 26, 2010
Our first stop in New York was Niagara Falls!
I have only ever seen pictures or video of the falls, so I had no idea what to expect.  
(Well, except for driving by it in the middle of the night once, 10 years ago, on my way to Toronto, but that doesn't count.)
I was blown away by the shear magnitude and force of the water.  It was amazing to see, and so beautiful.
There was so much to do and see, so we spent the entire afternoon there.
Niagara Falls
Part of the Horse Shoe Falls.
These falls you could see better from the Canada side, 
or on the Maid of the Mist tour, that we took later on (you can see the Maid of the Mist boat below).
Me and Harry
Me and Harry getting ready for the Cave of Winds tour,
where you walk UNDER the falls.
Let me tell you, these flimsy little yellow rain ponchos did not do a damn thing :)
We even got cool matching Niagara Falls shoes, aren't they cute and oh so stylish!
Niagara Falls
Jason and the boys.
We were squeezing and holding onto the boys so tight, 
the ground was so slippery, and the climb was full of stairs, and a little steep,
I was petrified of them running off.  But we made it, in one piece.
Cave of Winds Tour
Climbing the stairs.
The rush of the water was mind blowing, and so loud.
And the air was so misty and cool.  Seriously so fun!
Niagara Falls
More slippery stair climbing.
Bosko Family
Half-way up.  The whole family in our sexy yellow ponchos.
We took a few breaks, just to look around and enjoy the moment.
As you can kind-of see from the picture above, the walk-way goes right under the falls,
(so I put my camera away just in case).  The boys and I bypassed the scary part, but Jason went, and was drenched within seconds.
Niagara Falls
The other side of the falls, and the observation tower.
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
I seriously took over 400 pictures...it took me forever to go through them all.
You can go to my Flickr to see most of them :)
Niagara Falls
On the Maid of the Mist tour.  It was cool to see the falls from the boat, a proper view.
Niagara Falls
We went at the best time of day, and I got a ton of waterfall/rainbow pictures.  
The moment was priceless.  
It could have been romantic even, if we weren't being plummeted by water and trying to hold onto our kids for dear life.
Niagara Falls
Maid of the Mist tour.
Double Rainbow
Double Rainbow!
At this point I put the camera away again, as we were going around/under the Horse Shoe Falls.
It was a miracle my camera survived as long as it did, I was sure it was going to drown.
Maid of the Mist
The Boskos with our blue ponchos!  Again, they didn't keep us very dry.
The Captain (behind us) was pissed that we stopped to get a picture, 
but I didn't care I wasn't going to pass up this moment.
Seriously, going to Niagara Falls was one of the funnest things I've ever done.  
I would recommend it to anyone who is going to be in the area, it was such a fun day.

1 comment:

Aunt Pam said...

How beautiful. We have not gone there but I'm sure Uncle Len would be interested if I suggested it to him. How wonderful that you all got to see so many beautiful things. Love you.