April 18, 2010

I don't want to miss a thing.

Initially I started this blog as a way for my family to see pictures of the boys, and the funny things they do.    I love taking picutres of them, and of corse I wanted to share our happiness with my family and friends.  
It is hard being so far from my family, I always feel like I am missing out on everything.  Keeping this blog helps me feel like I am keeping everyone in the loop, our awesome Bosko Family Fun Loop.  
I never know what exactly to share, and what to keep out.  
Of-corse I want to share all our big milestones, firsts, and the adorable things that make you want to go awe.  But, do I write about the morning Clark broke my glasses, smeared pooh all over his wall (for the 100th time), and flooded the bathroom, all before 10:00 am??  Or, when Harry had explosive diarrhea at the mall, and I ran out of wipes and had to use the hard crusty paper towels on his chubby little bum, THEN hurry through the mall with a cold naked baby to buy him so new clothes.
The more I keep the blog, the more my mission in blogging has changed (or has it, maybe I am just finally getting the hang of it).  Everyday they grow up and change so fast, I don't want to miss a thing.  I want to remember all the good AND the bad.  Twelve years from now, when Clark is a teenager and he hates me cause I won't let him die his hair blue (I probably would by the way), I want to be able to look back and remember all the sweet little things he did despite his constant, daily, hourly even, shenanigans (ahem...as I type this he is crumbling bread all over the floor).  
I want to look at this blog as more of a family journal (I am even going to get my blog printed off as a book).  I am going to try to include more stories about all of us.  Jason and his accomplishment and struggles with school and work.  And yes, more things about me...not just the boring books I read.  
Our family journal...and I know I kind of do this already now, but I am going to take it to the next level (or atleast try to).  Because I don't want to miss a thing!
BTW,
The boys had check ups and shots last week. We are still getting caught up on immunizations (I take forever to get them done, cause I only let them get one shot at a time...Harry has such bad reactions from them).  Both boys are looking as healthy as ever, and the doctor even got Harry a referral to see a Behavioral Therapist.  The highlight of the visit for me was the weigh-in and measurements.
Clark is 37 inches tall, and he weighs 36 pounds.  I could've sworn he is taller than that, he seems to be growing like a weed.  Harry is 35 inches tall, and weighs 35 pounds...I really thought he was more plumy than that.  I think it is so funny how close they are together.  Harry is slowing catching up to his big brother.

1 comment:

The Quaid's said...

I LOVE your blog and think you do a great job of capturing it all! I am so inspired by all of it... even the poop stories make me feel normal and not so isolated- as stay at home moms can often feel. I love reading about your two little boys and your family adventures. By the way- We are moving to California too! Not sure if we will be close to you at all- we will be in the Sacramento area. Maybe we will atleast be day trip close!