April 10, 2010

Frankenstein

Frankenstein   by Mary Shelley

★★

Yet another book I have started, and I am unable to finish.  I  don't know what it wrong with me lately.  I am not in the mood to read, I can't stay focused...and I just don't really care, BOO.  
I got about nine chapters into the book, and I am bored out of my mind.  I was expecting something a little more suspenseful, and scary.  It is neither.  I found the main character, Mr. Frankenstein, to be a bit whiny and indulgent.  He only wanted to create a person or "monster" because he wanted to be a smarty pants.  We had to hear about him go on and on about it, and then NOTHING when he actually brought the monster to life.  I got bored really fast.  I kind of want to keep reading, just to see if it picks up... but I can't make myself start it up again.  Maybe someday, probably not.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I am glad you are reading the classics! Sad to hear they kind of suck though. Maybe when you read them you should look for the symbols in them. The secret meanings the author didn't put in, but a lot of people seem to make up. That might make it more interesting!

Miken Harding said...

No wonder you can't focus, you've got a hot bod to look at on the cover:) Your such a great example to me. One of my new years resolutions is all because of you. Read at least 1 book a month. THANKS, your making me smarter:)