June 24, 2009

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home.

For the last week Jason has been in Utah for his brothers wedding.  We wanted to go as a family, to support and be there for Danny and Kira...but alas flying is just WAY too much money these days.  It was so nice for him to be able to get away by himself, and spend some one on one time with his family.  But me and the boys sure did miss him.  Tonight, when we went to get him from the airport Clark was so excited.  He didn't quite know why we were there, but as soon as he saw Jay he bounced and ran all the way over to him.  He had the hugest smile on face the whole night.
I never realized how hard it would be to do everything by myself (and Jay was only gone a week, and I only have 2 kids...) I was definitely humbled by this experience.  Jason is gone to work most of the day, so I did not think a few extra hours in the evening would be that much more on my plate.  I was wrong.  I had no one to take out my garbage, no one to carry my boys up and down the hill we live on (can you imagine me carrying 60 lbs. of my fatty babies up and down the hill, ouch!) no one to chase Clark around the yard and wear him out, and no one to roll my eyes with when Clark does something ridiculous.  Sure my house was cleaner, and I got to have a car whenever I wanted, and be The Boss of everything (mwha ha ha ha)...but the boys were lonely without their Dad, and I needed my partner back.  It sure is great to be a whole family again!

2 comments:

Miken Harding said...

I hear ya on that one! Glad he's back home and safe!

Dan and Sharon said...

way to hang on single mom. Love all the pix