November 28, 2010

A Week In Our Life November 21-27

We had a very fun, busy week, spending time with our friends, Carol and Eddie.  It was so nice to be able to hang out again, laugh, talk and just be together.  I didn't set aside enough time to keep up on my blog, so I will be playing catch up this week (like always right).  I have a few pictures to share, later this week, of some of the fun things we did...like ICE SKATING!  We also tried to take family photos, with my squirmy kids we will be lucky to find one that works, but it was fun to go out and give it a try.  OH!  And very exciting news for me...almost as exciting as the Papa Murphy's that opened around the corner, I found a TRADER JOE'S!  It must be very new, since I know when we first moved her there wasn't one.  I can't wait to go tomorrow.  I really am starting to feel more at home here, really really.

Jason started putting up the Christmas lights this week.  He was so excited he couldn't even wait for Thanksgiving to be over.  Clark had fun "helping" Daddy, and the yard is starting to come along nicely.  Jason was very proud of the fact that we were the first house in the neighborhood to have their lights on.

Clark had learned how to open the front door, even with the kid proof handle thingy on it!  After dinner one night we were all chatting around the table, enjoying the fact that the kids were amusing themselves.  Little did we know that Clark escaped out the front, with Harry.  Harry was half-way down the street before Clark even thought to come and get us.  All he said was "uh-oh baby"... and I knew something was wrong.  Thank God Harry hadn't made it to the intersection yet, and thank God the neighbor girl was sitting in her car and saw my fatty baby running down the street.  I was terrified, knowing how fast that situation could have turned into my worse nightmare, and I was embarrassed, that I was "that Mom", the one who can't even watch her kids well enough to know when they are running loose in the streets.  Bad moment.  I am so thankful that Clark had the sense to come and get us when he did.  We will now be buying a bolt, for very tip- top of the door.

Auntie Carol and Uncle Eddie were very generous and bought us a Zoo member ship to the Virginia Zoo, in Norfolk.  We went on Tuesday, and the weather was unbelievably warm and sunny.  It didn't feel like November at all.  I think it was in the mid 70's most of the day, perfectly lovely.  The boys had fun, running like crazy, and of-course riding the little train they had.  We had a nice little picnic at the park after.  It will be fun to go to the zoo all year, they are building a new Asia exhibit, and it will be fun to watch it expand and open in the spring.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.  We spent the morning watching (my favorite) the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and decorating Gingerbread Houses.  Even Clark decorated his own little house, although I do think Clark ate more icing than anything.  We prepared dinner and enjoyed it together, as family and friends.  We made a turkey and ham this year, and I think they both turned out well and tasty.  I am so glad that we had some friends to spend the holiday with, even if we couldn't eat dinner on the beach like we used to.  I am so thankful to have good friends and wonderful family in my life.  I have been so richly blessed, and often times I wonder what I did to ever deserve all that I have.  I am thankful for Jason and how hard he works for out family, and what a good Dad he is.  He is so caring, and he truly wants the best for us.  I am thankful for a good job, that takes care of our family, and allows us to travel the country.  I am thankful for my health, and that of my babies.  I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus.  I am thankful for the gospel in my life, and the direction it gives me and my family.  I really do have so much to be thankful for, the blankets on my bed, the clothes in my closet, the food in my fridge, the books on my shelf, the babies in my lap.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love the food and family, but most of all I love having a day to pay tribute to all the things I hold dear.

On Friday we had to say goodbye to Carol and Eddie.  The week went by so fast, and I wasn't ready to take them to the airport yet...and neither was Clark.  Once he realized what was going on, at the airport, he broke into tears, and cried the rest of the way home.  He kept on checking the extra room to see if they were in there, hiding I guess.  It's a good thing we planned a pizza party, with some friends from church, to help us get our minds off it....as soon as Clark knew he had some more friends was coming over, he was happy again.  We had fun making homemade pizzas, while the kids ran crazy and played.  I am so glad there are people in our ward we can hang out with, cool people, and I am glad we are making friends.

I have such a busy week planned next week, so much needs to be done.  I have to say I am not looking forward to starting it...

4 comments:

Aunt Pam said...

Seems to me I remember hearing about another little toddler escaping out the front door before Mom and Dad were aware. Hmmmmmm. I wonder who that could be. :o) Love you!

Anonymous said...

甜的网站,我还没有碰到你以前在我的博客搜索!进行神奇的工作!

Anonymous said...

Mate. Este blog es increíble. ¿Cómo puedo hacer que se vea así de bien?

Anonymous said...

You completed some good points there. I did a search on the theme and found the majority of persons will have the same opinion with your blog.