November 03, 2010

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch

October 23, 2010
Time for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch! 
It was so different going this year, we had so many place to choose from (unlike Hawaii, where there was one-and not even a very good one).  We decided to go to Taylor Farms, since it was only a few miles from our house.  The had a play area for the kids, a little petting zoo, and a bouncy house... after a while the boys forgot why we came.
Jason, Clark and Harry
Daddy and the boys on the hayride, and I think this was the boys first hayride ever.
Clark did not want to sit on the straw, and Harry only wanted to eat it.
Hayride
Bosko Family, on a hayride.
I love a good old fashioned hayride, and these ones out to the pumpkin patch and back were free, although the price we paid for our pumpkins more than made up for it ($19 for 4 pumpkins-and 3 of them were really small).  Harry always has such a serious and grumpy face, I promise he is a happy child, I don't know why he always looks so mad.  Also, don't forget Clark's light saber, that he couldn't leave the house without.
Clark
Clark had fun piling the hay around the bottom of the slide, and then sliding right into it.
(I even found some straw in his diaper later that night.)
ClarkClark, Jedi Warrior
While Harry jumped in the bouncy house, Clark enjoyed running around playing Star Wars...
I was the only one interested in picking pumpkins.
Clark and Harry
This was the only picture I could get of them this year.
(This is our 4th year going in a row!)
They did not want to cooperate at all, all Harry wanted to do was play in the bouncy house, and no amount of bribing could get them to LOOK AT THE CAMERA, AND SMILE.
Clark
Just when I thought the picture/torture time was over,
 Clark informed me he needed a picture with his "wite sazzer".
Me and my boys.
One more try for a picture, with Mommy this time... no such luck.
I love going to the pumpkin patch every year, 
it is one of my favorite traditions that we started with the kids.

2 comments:

michaela hoenigman said...

Is that a light saber I spy!? Welcome to the force Clark.
And brilliant pictures ones again April. You have such a talent for capturing all the little moments.

Granny said...

I hope you will always be able to go to the pumpkin patch. That is such a fun thing and memories for the boys.