October 08, 2009

My Testimony

After watching general conference this past weekend, I felt inspired to share this talk, and my own personal testimony (which I do not do often enough).  I have been watching conference for years, and some talks always stand out a little more than others, I wish I could remember and share them all.  This one in particular by Elder Jeffery R. Holland moved me.  My heart, mind, and soul swelled with the TRUTH of the words he was speaking.  

It is a little long, sixteen minutes, but it is worth watching.  Sorry it is cut in two parts...


Part One


Part Two


I would like to bear my testimony that I KNOW, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a true church!  I have a testimony of Joesph Smith, and the Book of Mormon.  I have a testimony of our prophet and leaders, and I believe that they receive revelation through God to direct us during these latter days.  I have a testimony of the Atonement.  I thank God, and our brother Jesus everyday for dying for me, so that I may repent of my sins and come unto Him...and someday, if I do the things I've been taught, I know I will be able to live with them again.  I have a testimony of daily prayer, scripture study, and attending our church meetings.  I know if we do these things faithfully we will be blessed in our daily lives, our families and children will prosper, and will be be happy.  I have a testimony of temple work.  (I miss going to the temple so much.)  If we keep the commandments, our temple covenants, and endure to the end, I KNOW that our families can be together forever.  I am so thankful for the church in my life.  I have been blessed in so many ways; with beautiful children, a loving family, a way to provide for our family, wonderful friends and countless experiences that I wouldn't change for the world.  I am filled with gratitude, and I want to share these things and my testimony with you...in the name Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: