October 12, 2009

3 more years.

Jason and Lt. Cuhl on the wing of a C130 for Jason's Coast Guard re-enlistment.
I guess it is the popular thing to choose a cool place to do your swearing in, when you re-enlist.  I have heard for people choosing some pretty crazy places.  Jason played it a little safe this time and chose to have his re-enlistment ceremony on the wing of a C130, at his work.  There goes three more years of our lives to the Coast Guard.  If you would have asked me eight years ago, when we first started this whole thing, I NEVER would've thought we would be lifers...but we are.  Only twelve more years and Jason can retire!
I think he looks so handsome, and I am so proud of all the hard work he does for our family!  I am so thankful that Jason has a good steady job, especially in these uncertain times, we surely are blessed.  We have about 9 more months left here in Hawaii, and right now we have no idea where we will go next.  Jason is in the mist of a very difficult decision, whether to change fields from HS (which is the medical field) to ME, which is the new law enforcement rate the Coast Guard is starting next summer.  He keeps on going back and forth...from something comfortable that he is REALLY good at, to something new and exciting.  It will be a big change for our family, one we aren't 100% sure of it right now.  Jason could use a lot of your prayers.  We are hoping to find out within the next few weeks which direction we will be going.  It is so exciting and scary at the same time.  I can't wait to start looking at the places where we could move to next!  Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Connecticut....there are so many good places to choose from!  We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

The Rogers said...

Those are great pictures! I love that they can chose where to be sworn in:) What would he be doing in the medical field.

Aunt Jenny said...

I'm really glad you decided to stay in..especially now. You know my vote is for anything in the Pacific Northwest. I am so proud of what a great man your hubby turned out to be, and with you at his side I'm certain you'll always make smart sound decisions and wonderful things will come your way!