March 28, 2010

Moving on.

For the past couple weeks I have agonized over these books.  I have been in a reading rut.  I can't find my groove, or my enjoyment.  So, I decided to admit defeat and just move on... I hardly ever do that, I always try to finish a book that I have started, but not this time.


American God by Neil Gaiman


Crap.  I was sorely disappointed.  I normally love his books, but this one was too crude, and a bit of a mess.  I made it about 3/4 of the way through, and I still had no clue what was really going on.  While some parts were good, I just didn't understand where they fit in with the rest of the book.  The characters, although intriguing, were not very like-able.  I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up anymore.






Gulliver's Travels  by Jonathan Swift
★★

I did like this book.  It was interesting enough, and fun to read.  But I just felt such drudgery going to it every day, like a chore.  I do hope to finish the book...someday.

No comments: