December 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens...  
Just kidding.  I just want to share a few of my favorite things about the boys.
I love how much Harry loves leaves, even though it is really weird, and gross when he eats them.
I love how he hops and jumps when he gets really excited.  He bounces across the living room when his favorite shows are on, or you give him a treat.  He is a really good jumper too.
I love how he dumps out every basket and bin of toys, even though it is REALLY messy, until he finds the one he is looking for.  It gets annoying picking up after him, but I love to watch him look for his favorite toys.  (Like that plastic dog in the picture above, the dog swings his arms when you wind him up, and Harry loves it.)
I love to watch him laugh.  He has this cute little chuckle.  And you really have to work for it.  He can be so serious sometimes, it is such a treat when he laughs and giggles.
I love how patient and laid back he is.  He really is such a good baby, and puts up with so much from Clark and us.
I love how affectionate Clark is.  He hugs and kisses me all time.  He kisses me before, during and after he gets in trouble.  (Seriously, try punishing a two year who won't stop kissing and hugging you.)  He kisses me a thousand times before he goes to bed.  He will kisses you when he is really happy or having a good time.  He will kiss his books and dvds, he even once kissed his chocolate milk cup.  He is a little lover.
I love how he acts out movies.  He mimics everything they do on screen, and it is so cute and funny.  He is still working on the talking, but he will mumble his favorite lines and songs.  He will dance, run, make faces, do whatever the show is doing.  I love watching him, watch a show.
I love his curly, out of control hair.  I feel like it totally defines who he is, a little wild, and bouncy and oh so cute.
I love how he calls me Mahi (yes, just like the fish).  (He adds an H sound to almost all his words.)  I love to hear him call for me.  I love how he has been talking so much more now.  He can learn a new word in just a couple days.  It is so delightful to hear him talk!
I love how bashful he can be, sometimes.  He reminds me a lot of myself in that sense.  At home he is funny, talkative and NOT quiet at all.  When we are out of the house, or around other people he will talk in a whisper, lower his head in a shy smile to strangers, and almost be timid.  I find it funny, this little act he puts on.

I love watching my boys grow up (even though it can be bittersweet), it is truly one of my favorite things.  They both bring me so much joy.  
When the dog bites, when the bee stings.  When I am feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things...and then I don't feel so bad :)

No comments: