December 22, 2009

Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha  by Arthur Golden

✭✭✭✭✭

I really loved this book.  I had seen the movies years ago, when it first came out, and it never even crossed my mind to read it.  I found it at my favorite used books store for $1.00, and I am so glad I bought it.
Since I had seen the movie before, some of the suspense and mystery were gone...but it didn't keep me from enjoying it.  I loved the narration of the story, and felt like Sayuri was speaking only to me, while she told her story.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed reading about Japanese culture and history.
Compelling and heartfelt, I had a hard time putting this book down, and was sad to see it end.  I can't think of a single bad thing to sat about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!