July 20, 2008

Kickin' Jack's Trash

We watched the new Batman movie last night, the first treat to my super awesome birthday weekend. The movie was AMAZING! I was spellbound the entire time. There was mystery, humor, twists in the plot, action action and more action....I even cried at the end. It was thrilling, scary, and thought provoking.
I can't even begin to say how much I loved the cast. I have always been a super fan of Christian Bale, and he never (ever) disappoints...I love him (I really do! I could write an entire blog about him, and the way he takes my breath away, hmmm maybe I will.). But the shining star of the whole movie was Heath Ledger. It dosen't come as too much of a surprise cause he has been good in every movie I ever watched him in (he broke my heart into a million pieces in Brokeback Mountain). He made the entire movie, with his creepy laugh and disoriented walk. There was times you wanted to laugh and then cry at the same time, it was disturbing. I heard some kids afterwards talking about the old Batman, and Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker...you can't even compare the two, the are so different. Heath kick Jack's trash up and down the street! It is sad that such a talented actor had to end his life so soon.

I am through gushing. I just woke up this morning, and couldn't stop thinking about how much I liked this movie (and how much I loooooooove Christian Bale). Yay! Back to my birthday weekend...and 5 more days until X-Files (I think I just peed my pants a little from the excitement)!


p.s. I think Christian Bale is going to make the best John Conner EVER!

2 comments:

Laura & Jamin said...

lukcy you i wish i got to go see batman dang it!!

Briggs Family said...

Finally I got to go see Batman. I had to go by myself, because Jake took his mom to it without me. It was even better then the last. Which is hard to beat. I still think the Rachel Character was obnoxious but at least she was played by a better actress this round. I am happy they killed her off. I am glad Heath ledger got to go out with a bang. He was excellent. I am sad he will not get to be in another one.