July 17, 2008

17 Months


This month everything is about dancing, cheese and Finding Nemo. He has given up his passion for chipmunks and replaced it with fish. He loves Dory and the little songs she sings in the movie. If we let him he would watch it over and over all day....glued to the tv (but we limit to once a day...unless it is an emergency). He has also started to like the movie Madagascar. We have discovered that he really only likes movies with the new computer style of animation (anything Pixar, or new Dreamworks), but if it is an old cartoon he won't even give it a try...little snob. He loves cheese, he would eat cheese all day if I let him. String cheese, grated cheese, cheese whiz...it doesn't matter. It is not such a bad thing, because he doesn't really like to drink milk so it is a good way to get his diary. He is a little dancing machine! No matter where we go, the mall, church, in the car...if he hears a beat he will start dancing. He is a good jumper and loves to jump on his bed. A couple weeks ago he even did his first somersault...although he was throwing a tantrum and so it was not entirely on purpose, but he still did it! He has crazy crazy hair...seriously some days it looks like he has clown hair. He has a curly tuff on both sides of his head and one on the top, we call him Krusty the Clown some times. He has started trying to talk...or something that sounds like talking. He mumbles a lot and says "huh" all the time. There have been little snippets of words every now and then...like the other day when I was taking his picture I said "cheese" and he was saying "sheee" but there was also spitting involved, and he wouldn't do it again, so I did not count it. Then we were blowing bubbles the other day...and he was running around going "bubu" which is not a sound he normally makes...but I haven't got him to repeat it. Long story short, he is almost there, not really saying anything that I can count as his first words...but almost. He is so full of energy, he runs everywhere he goes...it is getting harder for me to waddle after him. He is still a bit of a bully to other children. He likes to hit people to get a reaction, and he doesn't like to share anything with anyone, but other than that he is really loving. We know he is not being mean to the other kids on purpose, but we are still trying to figure out how to teach that violence is not appropriate. He is such a Daddy's boy, he will do anything for and with Jason. His eyes light up when Jason comes home at the end of the day, and he gets so excited to wrestle or play outside.
He is so full of joy, and is such a happy baby (unless he is tired, then watch out!). He makes me laugh everyday, and I love to watch him grow.

6 comments:

Emma said...

If only we could all be as perfect as Clark!! I also like to brag about him to all I know! I LOVE that he steals treats at nursery! And I love his Krusty the Clown hair! I only hope my baby will be as cool as Clark!

Emma said...

PS does it freak anyone else out that there are 160 days til Christmas?!

Jenni said...

April, you are so funny. That was a great post about your sweet little boy, and that picture---awesome. I love the jumper he's wearing!

How much longer are you in Hawaii?

JethRobyn said...

what a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a stud Tuna! I can't stand how cute you are. I am sad we don't live closer so you can hang out with Keaton. It seems you two would be BFF's! You also make faces that remind me of him when he was littler. I love ya!

Briggs Family said...

I love you Clark!!! Maddie still loves her Tuna! I really want you to meet your causin Jocelin some day. You are to darn all around too cute! Is there anything that isn't adrable about you, Just the curly hair alone says it all. I can see a lot of Bosko traits in this picture....cool!