July 28, 2008

I am only a little selfish...

Jason has been away in Guam (for work) for the past week. And while Clark and I miss him...I have to say the break has been nice.
Clark is a total Daddy's boy. If he had to to choose between me and Jason, he would choose Jason EVERY time. I am like a huge steaming pile of cow crap next to Jay.
So, with Jason being gone I have been getting a lot of attention. It is so nice! Cuddling during tv time, wrestling matches, telling me his "stories", he even shared his fruit snacks with me on more than one occasion. It is so fun that he wants to play with me now, and sit by me, and let me comfort him when he is upset. He has started this new thing where he likes to hold hands...it is precious. He even listens to me better, respects me more (way less tantrums!!!) and goes to bed without crying for hours. I feel more like a Mom, than just the slave and food maker.
Jason comes home in a couple days. It will be nice to not be treated like a jungle gym all day long...but I am gonna miss my little Tuna.

4 comments:

Sabrina and BJ said...

I totally understand and I'm not even a little sad about it.. I like to be selfish.. I always want BJ all to myself.. I hate sharing.. I think it can be a good trait especially if it's someone for someone you just love.. haha

Emma said...

Clark also thinks of me as a steaming pile of crap!! I don't think it is that bad, because at least he thinks of me!

Briggs Family said...

Joci is the Daddys girl in our family. But the other day when Jake was changing her she excaped and came crawling to me. She didn't feel good so she wanted me to snuggle her. I was like ha ha Jake! At least Maddie is mine all the way. Though she did say once my Dad is way to awesome to be a dad.

Anonymous said...

Awww, tender! Man I wish my kids liked John better. I try to beat them so they don't like me as much. It never works. They climb me and hang onto my leg until I have a nervous breakdown.
Enjoy your time being the favorite!