July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

A couple years ago I made a Bucket List.  Since it was my birthday a few days ago I decided to re-visit that list, see how far I've come, change what I wanted, add some new ones.  
There is no better time than on your birthday to re-evaluate where you have been, 
and where you are headed.

Here is the old one, June 2009:
"Travel Europe...Scotland, Germany, Italy, England.
Sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...like join it, you know.
Learn to knit, and make my family matching hats and scarves.
Run a marathon.  I would like my first one to be the Honolulu Marathon, but I am not that picky.  I just want to be a runner.
Write a book.
Write another book, that doesn't suck.
Make quilts, I want to be a quilter.
Swim with the sharks. 
Own a home...our own home.
Learn to speak another language...Spanish, French, I am not to sure yet?
Visit and attend as many Temples as possible, all over the world (right now I have 6 different ones under my belt, in three different states).
Go sky diving.
Get a Masters Degree in anything.
Go to Africa.
Be debt free, and financially secure.
Have a big family...maybe 4 or 5 kids.  (Ahh, did I just say that out loud!?)
Be a guest judge on the Iron Chef America.
Road Trip across America."

Most of them are still the same.  Some of them I have no interest in anymore.  
Some I accomplished!!!
 I have become a quilter, I think.  I am not super good, but practice makes perfect.  I have made 3 quilts so far.  And I am even in a quilting club that meets once a month.  It is something I really enjoy, and when I have time, I love to see a project to come together.   Right now I am working on my first real quilt, that has a pattern, not just squares, and I'm starting a block of the month project next month.  So goal accomplished, I say :)
I don't really care about swimming with the sharks or learning a new language anymore.  It would be cool, but there is other things I would rather spend my time on.  
Also, we did kinda travel across America last summer, we hit 19 states!
I'm going to take a lot of the travel goals off, cause really I just want to travel as much as possible, I don't care where.  We also saw a lot a temples on our way across country, but I would like to keep that goal forever.  We are no where closer to being debt free, but I did finally make a new plane, a 3 year plan, with Jason last week.  And we are working on the big family thing ;)  Our newest addition will be here in about 8 weeks!

Here is my new one, July 2011:
Travel Europe...Scotland, Italy, France, Greece.
Join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Learn to knit and crochet.
Run a marathon, or even a half marathon.
Write a book, that doesn't suck.  
Visit and attend as many temples as possible, all over the world.
Get a Masters Degree.
Be debt free!
Be a published photographer, I don't care where, but my blog doesn't count :)
Be a guest judge on Iron Chef America.
Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, in NYC.
Go sky diving.
Be a size 10. (Weight loss goals are going to consume my next year.)
Read more, 75 books by my next birthday.
I would like to have my own business.  Some way to make my own money, something creative.  It doesn't have to be big, just something I can do on the side of my family life.
There you go, my new bucket list.  A lot to work on. 

31!Making a wish.
It is so weird to me to be 31.  It seems so old, but I don't feel any different.  
I had such a nice birthday.  Jason surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses, and some fun gift cards.  My awesome friends came over to help me paint the baby's room, and we had a pizza party.  And for a big surprise, Jason got me a new phone!  I wasn't expecting any other gifts since he gave me the flowers in the morning. But after he got home from work he had Clark give it to me.  Clark was so sweet, he was hiding it behind his back and said, "Mommy, I have a prize for you" all bashful and quiet like.  I was half asleep on the couch and I thought he was just going to give me a toy, or a picture he drew.  Then he threw my new phone at me, and laughed.  It was funny, and I was confused, and so surprised.
Jay is always so thoughtful when it comes to holidays and gifts, I am pretty lucky.  
It may take him 4 weeks to mow the lawn, that has grown past our ankles.  And his half of the bedroom may look like he is competing to be the next subject on an episode of Hoarders.  And he never, EVER, listens to me.  
BUT he is thoughtful, and kind, and he really always tries to spoil me... even when we are supposed to be saving money.  He is a good man, and a good Dad, and I am happy.
We also had a nice little dinner with some friends.  Fajitas and guacamole!  My friend Trisha surprised me, and made me favorite cake in the world, Granny's Apple Cake!   She even called my Mom to get the recipe. (She spoils me to no end, and I am thankful to have such a sweet friend.)  The kids played in the pool outside, and we just enjoyed each others company.  Simple, laid back, and fun.  
The only thing missing was my sisters, and  family other members.  
A great birthday!


Last night as I was falling asleep,
 I was thinking that next year on my birthday I will have 3 kids.
Crazy.

1 comment:

cousin connie said...

I read in a book, I think it was 'Embraced By the Light' by Betty Edie (sp) that we are all spirits in heaven and we choose our earthly bodies. To choose an earthly body that experienced no
lack of money and had no problems, would be SOOOO easy. But our heavenly Father has a plan for us--to choose a life that experiences physical and/or emotional difficulties pleases our Father--he knows that thru his grace and goodness we can love,grow, and overcome anything life throws our way. Long story short--think of it this way--Harry has a mission on this earth--and thru your love, patience, and understanding--he will SHINE--just like you shine in the lives of those around you! I love your blog!!!!