January 03, 2011

Primary Bound

Today I was going to write a long sad post about Clark's first Sunday in Primary, as a Sunbeam.  I was going to lament about my little baby growing up too fast, and how I am going to miss him every Sunday in nursery (even though I probably won't).  BUT, due to some changes in our Primary presidency, everything was a bit disorganized, and it looks like I will have him (and the other kids his age) back in nursery for a few weeks.  (They honestly marched the new kids OUT of primary, back into nursery!!!)  It makes me sad.  I was really looking forward to taking him to his new class, and we've been talking up singing time and Primary for months.  He was so ready.  I know it is not a big deal, but it was a meaningful step that I had been looking forward too.  I will be the first to admit that I am overly sentimental, but he is my first baby after all.   Clark and I have been talking about being a Sunbeam a lot lately.  He loves to sing Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam over and over when I give him a bath, besides the Alphabet song, it is his favorite.  I can't wait for him to start learning all the primary songs, and I just know he is going to enjoy his time there so much.  Next Sunday will be better, I know it will all work out, and I am not too worried about it.  I'm just disappointed things didn't go my way... as they always should right, LOL.  (Maybe I need to add, NOT being such a control freak to my New Years resolutions.)

Harry is doing so well in nursery.  Sure, he steals every ones snacks, and he bit a kid today, but it is a great big improvement from what it was last year.  He actually plays along side the other children now, and doesn't whine and cry the whole time.  We still can't get him to sit through Sacrament Meeting.... he immediately starts to cry as soon as we enter the chapel.  I don't know what it is, but every Sunday it is the same thing.  If I am lucky enough to get him to sit with me, he will cry during every song.  He really hates it when we all sing as a congregation, it would make me laugh if it wasn't so annoying.

It makes me happy that my boys like to go to church.  Clark squealed with glee today as we pulled into the church parking lot, "I found it, Mom!, I found it".  I didn't know we lost it.  I guess it had been a couple weeks since we went to church, since last Sunday was a snow day (for reals).  I don't want him to ever grow out of his excitement for church, and learning about Jesus Christ.

No comments: