November 18, 2008

Catching Up

It has only been a few days, but I feel like I have been falling behind on every thing (life with 2 kids, right!)...so today I am playing catch up.

Over the weekend I had a chance to meet up with an old friend from Arizona.  Raquel and I grew up in together in church...good ole Goodyear Ward.  It was so fun to see her and get to know her all over again.  It brought back so many good memories of girls camp, and mutual friends.  She is so amazingly down to earth and easy to talk to.  We couldn't have had a better Saturday.  Thanks so much for taking time out of your vacation to hang with us, I can't wait to meet your boys.  

Clark passed his 21 month mark over the weekend.  What a month this was!  He is getting so close to talking, but I think he is being a little stubborn.  Some days I can almost hear him say things, or catch him trying to say something...then the next day nothing.  I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles just waiting for that first word.  He is developing quite a sense of humor.  He is always doing ridiculous things to make us laugh, trying different faces or doing stunts.  The other day he was trying to eat with his eyes close, it was the funniest thing to watch.  He is always trying to put things together, build things, or take apart things...very curious (much like his Daddy).  We took him to see Madagascar 2 (Jason was so excited to take him, a lot more than Clark was) he loved it!  As soon as he recognized the characters and music he was bouncing in his chair.  Clark went through a growth spurt this month, all his shorts have gotten a little shorter, and his feet bigger.  He is thinning out, and is definitely not my chubby baby anymore...he is going to have to be my tiny little man now.  He is such a loud and wild handful, and gives me a run for my money most days...we are definitely right smack in the middle of the terrible twos.  I find it hard sometimes to take him seriously, I can never keep a straight face when he is throwing a tantrum.  Sunday we were sitting outside the nursery room skipping Sunday school and listening to the kids.  We would hear the kids playing and talking, and then every few minutes we would hear...Clark no, put that down, or don't climb on that, Clark stop!  Jay and I were laughing hysterically, and thankful for a couple short hours it wasn't our turn to tame the beast.  
I love this picture of Harry, even though it is a little blurry.  He has the chubbiest little arms. In fact he is pretty chubby everywhere.  Last week I gave up on trying to stuff him into anymore of his baby clothes.  His little belly would always stick out or I wouldn't be able to snap the crotch, so I packed them all up.  He is wearing all 3-6 months sizes (pretty much has been since he was 6 weeks).  He smiles so much now, and lights up when ever his brother is around.  

5 comments:

Emma said...

Fun that you got to play with Raquel!
And I am so excited to chase Clark around and count Harry's fat rolls in person! You can't see them all in pictures!

Jenni said...

I love it when babies have fat rolls on their arms and it looks like there's a rubber band around them! Brayden had arms and legs like that and it was my most favorite thing about him!

Sabrina and BJ said...

They are both cute kids.. Clark is precious.. I swear I see BJ in him.. and Harry is to die for cute.. I think that picture is perfect.. I love love it. I can't wait to see you guys and hold your big baby!!

Becca said...

It is definitely true when they say they grow up too fast. Clark is becoming such an adorable little boy! And Harry is so big!

I caught up on your videos on dropshots and Clark is talking (IMO), you can't always understand what he is saying but he is talking. I think around that age it is mostly their version of words. In one of them he was telling you all about his book, very quietly and so seriously. It was adorable!

Gramps said...

You have two handsome young fellows there. I can see Clark is stretching out. G G can hardly wait to see the two of you also, Clark.We'll be glad to see Mom and Dad too. Love to all, Gramps and Granny