September 03, 2008

Not so little Harry...

Giant! Fat! Chubby Baby! Here are the latest ultrasound pictures of the baby.
We went in for our final ultrasound, to check on the progress of his kidney development and make sure he is growing properly. We were so pleased to find out that whatever problems he was having, have remedied itself. The kidneys are working normally, and both are the correct size. What a relief!!
All of our prayers for a strong healthy baby have been answered....and then some. I think Harry took us literally when we asked him to grow bigger and stronger, because he is GIANT! The technician says he is already weighing over 6 lbs, and if he keeps it up he could weigh over 9 lbs when he is born (ahhhhhh!) He is about the size Clark was, when I was a 2 weeks away from having him. It's no wonder I have been having so much trouble sleeping and moving around. I feel like I am about to go into labor...yet I still have 6 weeks to go. It is going to be a loooooong six weeks. My ultrasound technician was so funny, she has been so good to us over these last few months of check ups, she kept telling me that for my sake she hopes he comes a little early (me too!).
I seriously can't get over how chubby his cheeks are, and his little double chin. And those pouty lips!! I am in love.The doctor said he feet were a little over 3 inches long. They look so big to me...I guess we won't be needing those newborn socks after all...maybe he can just borrow Clark's.

I am so thankful that Harry is doing better, God truly does answer prayers.

11 comments:

Emma said...

I love your fatty baby!! And I think he is supposed to be so huge, so when Clark beats him, he can stand (or lay) his own ground! And I just remember how huge Clark's puppy paws were!! Ahhh my baby better be tiny!!

Jenni said...

What a cute babe-in-utero!

If it makes you feel any better, Owen also measured big, and also showed huge chubby cheeks in his last ultrasound pics (also 34 weeks). He was born two weeks early at a lean 7lbs 0oz. How big was Clark??

Emma said...

Ps I am sorry but I see no pouty lips and just blobs of stuff...

April said...

Clark was born 2 days before his due date...and weighted 7.12 lbs. I am sure little Harry will slow down, I just hope it is sooner rather than later...I think I heard me pelvis crack this morning...hahaha!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I am so glad everything is okay. Man 6lbs already? Gavin was 6lbs at birth. I hope for your vaginas sake he stays under 9lbs

Laura & Jamin said...

Your fat little baby......I will feel so bad for you if he is a 9lbs but it would be so cute to have a fat little baby...and i think emma is right when she says he needs to be big and strong so when clark beats him up he can take it!! I love you and miss you

Anonymous said...

Yay! Chubby baby! As of next week it will be officially safe for Harry to come out (36 weeks) so you can let him know before he gets too big.

Briggs Family said...

Whoo hooo! Sorry about the big boy though!! Bigger babies are cuter anyway!

Briggs Family said...

Ha ha I had both my babys by now. Maybe you will luck out and he will come early because he is so big.

Dan and Sharon said...

Girl your onesie is ordered. Hopeful it will get to you by Harry's due date. Let me know when you get it.

Becca said...

So I was just showing the pics of Harry to the kids and Adam goes "oh, what a balled up little baby" "with a big head"

haha