August 11, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife  by Audrey Niffenegger

✭✭✭✭✭ (out of five stars)

I really loved this book.  A classic love story, with a smooth twist of science fiction.  It was original, moving, heart-breaking and captivating.  Lovely reading.
I am not sure how to summarize the book without giving to much away, or confusing everyone, so I will keep it really simple.  Henry travels through time, without any control of where and when he goes.  He relives parts of his life, meets his older and younger selves...and falls in love with Clare.  While I could have done without a few scenes and a couple obnoxious characters, I really loved Clare and Henry's story.  

Recommend: Totally.
Rated: PG-13.  Sex, and language.  I felt like a couple of the sex scenes ruined some of the more romantic parts of the book, but overall it did not change my impression or love of the story.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Going to start reading that tomorrow! I cannot wait!!! Are you going to see the movie??

April said...

I want to, but I will probably have to wait til its on video.