February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Clark!

Dear Clark on your 2nd birthday,
Happy Birthday Clark!  I can't believe you are two years old.  You have grown so much.  I still remember holding you for the first time, and loving you right off the bat.  I remember when we brought you home, and for the first time in a long time I felt complete.  I remember leaving you with Daddy for the first time, and how silly I felt because I missed you so much.  I remember hearing you laugh for the first time (it was actually in your sleep), and it brought tears to my eyes.  I have loved watching you grow.  There are so many things I love about you.  Your sense of humor, and your contagious laugh.  I love how happy you are when you wake up, ready for a fun day.  I love your hug and kisses, and even when you tackle me when I least expect it.  I love to read books with you, even when you skip the pages.  I love watching you chase Gary around the house, and playing with your Dad.  I love how exited you get when we go to church or the mall, and how playful you are with your friends and other kids.  You have such a fun loving nature, and I know I am always going to have a good time when I am with you.  I love to watch your shows with you, and dance and sing.  I love to cuddle with you and watch you love and snuggle your brother.  You are going to be such a good brother.  I am so proud of you, and I can't tell you enough how much I love you.  I hope and pray that I can be the best Mom for you, give you everything you want and need.  Happy Happy Birthday 2nd Son!
We had a small birthday party for you downstairs with our friends (and neighbors).  Uncle Loa barbecued a feast for us.  You loved blowing out the candles, your most favorite thing right now (you are fascinated with fire, although which little boy isn't).   I didn't make your cake, cause Mommy is a little lazy, but I did make cupcakes for your nursery class.  We also went to the beach the day before with Carol and Eddie.  And being the total goof that I am I forgot my camera (I am still mad about it!!).  You love the beach so much, and being in the water.  You got a Little Tikes picnic beach that you LOVE and now refuse to sit anywhere else.  

Cake time!  You couldn't get enough of the cake.
Eating some cake on your 1st birthday.  You had NO hair.  I can't believe how much you have grown in this last year.
 21 months.  I love your cheesy smiles.
18 months.
15 months. Looking back over the last couple years, I realized that we hardly ever dressed you (weird?).  Around 14-15 months you FINALLY started growing some hair.
1 year old!
9 months old. 
6 months old.   
3 months old.  You were such a smiley baby!
You were such a cute little baby (and are growing into a handsome little boy).  I am glad you have finally grown into your nose (sorry Clark, that comes from Mommy) and grew some hair!  I am so happy you are here in our lives, I can not imagine it any other way.  Hope you had a fun 2nd birthday.
Love Mommy ( Daddy and Harry too). 

5 comments:

Jenni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK!!!!

I can't believe how fast he has grown, and also how fast his hair grew this past year! I love it. Great trip down memory lane too...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tuna Fish!!! I can't believe its already been a year since your first birthday. It feels like it was yesterday. You've grown so much! We love you!!

The Quaid's said...

That is adorable- I love the older photos too! Happy birthday little Clark!

Laura & Jamin said...

Happy Birthday Tuna Man!! You are the best! I'm so sad I missed your birthday!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Your Happy Birthday stories to Clark and everyone else are wonderful to read. I just love reading them and especially love reading your messages to your boys telling them how much you love them and thank God that they are in your lives. Warms my heart.

Love you all bunches!

Oh ya, Happy Birthday Clark!