October 18, 2008

20 Months of Clark

He has become quite the handful.  He is really learning to push his limits and test our reaction times.  This morning he opened the oven door and climbed up on the stove...Thank God the stove was off!!!  He is a bundle of energy, and I love to watch him run down the halls on his little tip toes.  He is such a climber and dare devil.  He has finally started to get into reading books.  Up until now he has only ever wanted to eat the books (all of his books look like a teething puppy found them), but now he will actually read them himself.  He loves to be outside or in the car, and recognizes the mall as soon as we pull in the parking lot (he loves to play at the mall!).  His two favorite new shows are The Backyardigans and Wonder Pets.  He dances with the Backyardigans, and mimics their moves...and I have even heard him trying to sing/talk along with the Wonder Pets.  We bought him a little Wonder Pets fly-boat toy with the characters, and he loves it so much (carried it with him everywhere the first few days we brought it home).  He is slowly getting used to his new role as a big brother.  Every now and then I can see genuine moments of sweetness when he is with Harry, stroking his head or giving him a kiss, it melts my heart.  He is still not really talking, but I can see (or hear, I guess) him getting closer.  He says uh-oh all the time...especially when he knows he is going to be in trouble :)  I really am in denial about him turning 2 in just a few short months.  My first baby...how do you mothers handle it?  I just want to freeze time (preferably on a tantrum free day) and hold him next to me forever.  I love to watch him learn and grow...I just never realized it would be this hard.  He is changing everyday, and although I love him more and more each day...I also miss the Little Tuna he was last month, and the month before...

2 comments:

Emma said...

I also miss the fatty tuna he was last year!! Now he is just running around making a mess Tuna! And I am so glad he loves the mall! He is my kind of Tuna!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is nearing two. Where did my little fat Tuna go? He is definitely looking the part of a big brother. Just wait til they are Gav & Keats age, it will be so fun to watch them play!