August 15, 2008

My Trip to Kauai

Last week my sister Laura, her friend Emily, and my friend Carol went to Kauai to finish celebrating my birthday. It was so nice to have a vacation with just the girls...no boys, babies, or cleaning. Kauai was beautiful!! I think my favorite island so far. It had a lot of horse and cow farms, beautiful fields and mountains, and beaches. Most of the island had the small town, country feel that I love. NO traffic, no big cities, not a lot of people...it was perfect. My one and only complaint is that the beaches all seemed pretty rough, not good for snorkeling or a lot of swimming...but that also just could of been the weekend that we were there.
We did a lot of sight seeing, driving back and forth across the island. I did not get to do anything too adventurous, cause of the little baby growing inside me (I really wanted to swim with the sharks, or do some cliff jumping) but Laura and Emily did a little for me...they jumped off Kipu Falls all 20 feet of it...it looked pretty scary to me! We got to sleep in and eat out breakfast every morning....mmmm bacon (that alone would've made the whole trip for me). We took our time doing whatever we wanted...no schedules or planning. My favorite part was the air conditioning in our hotel room, I slept like a baby. Ahhh...I really miss the central air!
I just want to say thanks to my friends and sister for a perfect weekend, and for coming along on this trip with me. I had tons of fun, and it was a great way to spend my last weekend with my sister.
Here are a few pictures from our trip...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! That looked like so much fun! I really need to go to Hawaii before you leave damn'it!

Briggs Family said...

Me too! I miss vacations without kids and husbands. Looks like a lot of fun. I'd give anything to go to Hawaii. Maybe one day. Seriously though you look so super thin for being a pregnant lady.

Laura & Jamin said...

I loved Kauai with you....it was the BEST!!! I miss you like crazy!! Thanks for takin me to Kauai!! I can't wait till we get to go to the big island one day! Thanks for everything your the BEST!! LOVE YOU! Give the Tuna a kiss for me i miss him throwing things at me and being his cute Tuna self!!