August 17, 2008

18 Months Old

My favorite things about Clark this month;

1. He has finally gained appreciation for the comic genius that is Spongebob Squarepants! He has always watched it before, between his breaks in Sesame Street, but he never really cared too much for it. But lately he laughs the whole time, he loves it when Spongebob and Patrick laugh and make weird noises. He gets really excited when it comes on, and runs to his little couch to watch. My little boy is growing up, and loves Spongebob...I couldn't be happier.

2. He can blow kisses now, and it melts your heart every time!

3. I love how much he is trying to talk. He walks around the house jabbering to me, all the while thinking that I actually understand what he is saying. Once we even spied him talking to himself while he was playing in his bedroom. I can't wait to finally understand him!

4. He has Olympic fever, and it is contagious! I don't watch the Olympics too much, only cause I get so mad when I don't think the judges are being fair and scoring the way I want them to, but Clark enthusiasm for it makes me want to watch it more. He claps and cheers when the audience does, he dances to the national anthems (we have been trying to get a video of this), and loves loves loves the women gymnastics. We were watching the women's gymnastic floor exercises the other night, and he could not stop laughing and giggling at every flip and spin they did. He can be so easy to please sometimes, still that happy little baby we brought home from the hospital months ago.

5. This has only been happening since Laura went back home....but he has been sleeping through the night!!! And when he wakes up in the morning, instead of crying I just hear him jumping on his bed...it is the best way to wake up.

Clark is such a little treasure. He brings so much joy into our home, and keeps us going when the going gets tough. He reminds me that life isn't all about doing dishes and laundry, and his enthusiasm for the little things (like going for a ride in the car, candy and chasing cats) is a constant reminder of those things that are really important in life. I don't know what I would do without you Little Tuna...and I just can't wait for you to meet your little brother.

Growing Tuna
Can you believe how much he has gorwn and changed...I am so glad he finally has some hair!

3 comments:

Emma said...

I only cried a little! And I am so proud that he loves spongebob, maybe worry a little that he likes gymnastics. And I can't believe what a little man he is! We love you Tuna!! And tiny little Harry Potter fetus!

Laura & Jamin said...

AH I miss my Tiny Tuna Man!! and you know its not that he sleeps through the night i'm just not in there so you guys probably just let me scream himself back to sleep!! but he has grown so much even in the little time i spent with him what a little man he is!! I love him so much!! I miss you guys!!

Jenni said...

That blonde curly hair is to die for!

(Or 'dye' for if you're me) What a little heart breaker he's going to be!