August 07, 2008

Breaking Dawn

4 books in 4 days! I think I broke my record...and I did not even neglect Clark that much (he just got to watch A LOT of tv). Saturday, Laura and I went to the mall to get the final book in Stephanie Meyer's Vampire/love series. We were supposed to go to the midnight release party...but I was too sleepy. Being the gracious sister I am, I let her read it first...so I could re-read the first 3 books. By Monday afternoon I had finished the first three books (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse) and Laura still wasn't done with the Breaking Dawn...so I made Jason go and get me another copy. I simply could not wait!

I could not put it down. I loved it! I think my favorite in the entire series. It made me laugh (Jacob's chapter titles were so funny), it made me cry...and it tied up everything for me in a pretty pink little bow. I was shocked at where Steph decided to go with the story...I had no clue, I wouldn't have even been able to guess. I don't know if it is all the crazy pregnancy hormones...but I desperately wanted a happy ending, and I got everything I wanted, I am satisfied. The ending was a little anti-climantic, but good for me. Page turning, vampire loving goodness...

Me and Laura wearing our Official I Love Edward Cullen t-shirts with our new books!

8 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

Okay I read twilight, I think I'm the only one that did not like it. But glad you made it through all 4 in four days. So are you getting excited for baby 2 to come?

Have fun in Hawaii. Still jealous.

Take care
Sharon

Anonymous said...

You and Laura look so cute in your shirts! I should have had John take a picture of me in mine. Ah, well, I'll wear it again. I am pissed cause I was going to go to the release party but I had to go to AZ during that weekend. I blame my mom, its all her fault!

Jenni said...

I liked it too. I think I liked Twilight better, just because that's what made me fall in love with the whole thing----but BD was a close second.

It was tied up nicely at the end which I liked--I dig happy endings. Everyone got what they wanted. There were some things that still bugged though.

Check out this discussion on it---go to my blog, from there go to Erica's Bloggity Blog, from there go to her right side bar and click on the book---join in!

Also I did go to a midnight release party, and I was surrounded by screaming teenage girls. You didn't miss much!

Emma said...

I LOVED IT TOO!! and Laura still hasn't finished it! she is LAME!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I feel like I'm missing something big. I better catch up with you super readers...

Also, I want to thank you for having Jason Mraz 'I'm Yours' on your playlist. It is my new favorite song and I have been spending hours squatting on your page all week listening to it over and over. Robert's laptop hard drive died and I can't download any new songs until it is back up and running (hopefully tonight)

Laura & Jamin said...

You know I liked the book the ending was kinda lame but it was pretty good.........man oh man do we look HOT in that picture I love my I LOVE EDWARD SHIRT if i could i would wear it every day of my life.....thanks dude i love you!!

Briggs Family said...

Rae said it was lame.........Who should I believe?

April said...

ME! I am way cooler!